From: dday@mimsy.UUCP
Subject: Re: language problem
Date: Fri, 3-Apr-87 09:49:16 EST	[thread overview]
Date: Fri Apr  3 09:49:16 1987

In article <12291368304.48.ROSENBLUM@Sierra.Stanford.EDU> ROSENBLUM@SIERRA.STANFORD.EDU (David S. Rosenblum) writes:
>I think that the LRM is pretty clear on this point.

You are right, but it must have been missed by almost everybody.
I tried the same program out on DEC Ada V1.3; the results were
the same (the operation completed successfully without raising
CONSTRAINT_ERROR).  But if it is impossible to efficiently handle
type and constraint checking for every possible pathological
boundary condition then I have to come down strongly in favor
of efficient implementation of constructs that programmers are
actually going to use.
--
UUCP:	seismo!mimsy!dday                        Dennis Doubleday
CSNet:	dday@mimsy				 University of Maryland