* Need Debuger for GNAT-310p
@ 1997-09-27  0:00 Dmitriy Anisimkov
From: Dmitriy Anisimkov @ 1997-09-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have dounloaded Gnat 3.10p for WinNT Win95. The utility GDB.EXE is stub
and say that appears later.
Which debuger can I use instead GDB.EXE or where can I get GDB.EXE

* Re: Need Debuger for GNAT-310p
@ 1997-09-29  0:00 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 1997-09-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dmitriy Anisimkov wrote:

> I have dounloaded Gnat 3.10p for WinNT Win95. The utility GDB.EXE is > stub
> and say that appears later.
> Which debuger can I use instead GDB.EXE or where can I get GDB.EXE

You have to download the Cygnus development tools, from
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/

The latest Cygnus version is 18; it includes a GUI interface to gdb,
using Tk/Tcl. On my Windows 95 system, this causes an illegal operation
when it exits; I suspect that's why GNAT does not include it.

You can use the Cygnus version 17.1 gdb with GNAT 3.10 (at least, I can
on my Windows 95 machine; I'm very leary of making grand pronouncements
about Windows!).

Cygnus 17.1 gdb and GNAT 3.10 work well with emacs 19.34.4 from
http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/voelker/ntemacs.html. I made one
small patch to let emacs read the //c/ drive notation. I just noticed
there is an emacs 19.34.6 at that site; maybe it has the patch.

Cygnus version 18 is distributed as a self-installing system, which
clobbers the GNAT gcc installation. If you just want the gdb.exe,
install to a different directory and copy. This may mess up your
registry! Self installing systems are great when they are complete, but
a real pain when they aren't!

Cygnus version 17.1 is a tar.gz file; you can easily just extract
gdb.exe into your GNAT bin directory (this is what I did).
--
- Stephe

* Re: Need Debuger for GNAT-310p
@ 1997-09-29  0:00   ` Richard Kenner
From: Richard Kenner @ 1997-09-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <342FBA56.E99@gsfc.nasa.gov> Stephen.Leake@gsfc.nasa.gov writes:
>The latest Cygnus version is 18; it includes a GUI interface to gdb,
>using Tk/Tcl. On my Windows 95 system, this causes an illegal operation
>when it exits; I suspect that's why GNAT does not include it.

Correct.  On some Windows 95 systems, it crashes the system when it
exits.