From: do_while@ridgecrest.ca.us (Do-While Jones)
Subject: Re: �Help on the ADA-compiler for win95 please
Date: 1997/09/24
Date: 1997-09-24T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <01bcc8c5$3a7fd560$3597f482@dirk-gently>,
KRISTIAN HOLM <kristian.holm@swipnet.se> wrote:
>When I run a ada program(already compiled and linked and so on)a dosprompt
>appears
>and shows the program thats ok so far. But if I have a prg that should for
>example add two numbers and nothing more, then I can input the two numbers
>but then the dosprompt just closes really fast. Its the same with all prg,
>when it comes to the last thing the prg is supposed to do, the dosprompt
>closes so fast that I dont know if it is alright or there is a problem of
>any kind. Happy for help!

I assume you are doing something like this:

  -- compute ANSWER then
  Put_Line(integer'IMAGE(ANSWER));
end Your_Program;

The "problem" is simply that the program is over.  To make your answer
appear on the screen long enough to read it, simply add a delay statement
to the end of the program.  For example,

  -- compute ANSWER then
  Put_Line(integer'IMAGE(ANSWER));
  delay 5.0; -- show the answer for 5 seconds
end Your_Program;  -- close the DOS window

If you want the answer to remain on the screen until the user acknowledges
it, then you can do something like this:

  Put_Line(integer'IMAGE(ANSWER));
  Put_Line("Press the RETURN key to quit.");
  Get_Line(DUMMY_STRING, DUMMY_LENGTH);  -- wait for user to press RETURN
end Your_Program;

Do-While Jones

            |    Know                 Ada    |
            |        [Ada's Portrait]        |