From: jrmarino <dragonlace.cla@marino.st>
Subject: Re: New Version of PragmARC.Text_IO
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 07:05:44 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2016-03-04T07:05:44-08:00	[thread overview]

Hi Jeff,
Thanks for moving this to Github.  It made it easy for me to add PragmARCs to FreeBSD ports:
http://www.freshports.org/devel/pragmarcs/

I turned it into a standard library and installed a gpr file in the standard location for ports.

Some observations:
1) You *really* need some documentation in the actual repository (more than just list each package with a one-line description, which isn't even in the repo).  Documentation should be installed.

2) It would really help to use github's "release" mechanism by tagging.  Since there was no release info, I had to invent a versioning scheme and I picked a ISO8601 date scheme and a git hash tag.  It would provide more re-ensurance to correspond to actual releases instead of random tags.

3) it built very cleanly with gcc5 FSF. there was only one warning in the whole thing (unreachable code on line 108 of the menu_handler)

Hopefully pragmarcs will get more exposure now that it will be provided as a prebuilt library.

Thanks,
John