* Object Magazine Online - CALL FOR PAPERS
@ 1997-09-20  0:00 Bob Hathaway
From: Bob Hathaway @ 1997-09-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

              OBJECT MAGAZINE ONLINE - Call For Papers
                    MONTHLY OBJECT-ORIENTED FORUM
                      FORMERLY: OBJECT CURRENTS
              http://www.sigs.com/omo (formerly Object Currents)
                    Contact: bhathaway@sigs.com

	    - Accepting articles on Object Technology
            - Articles can include Java, CORBA, DCOM, ActiveX, VRML, CGI, ...

This is a call for contributors for the Online Edition of SIGS' Object
Magazine.  This Online Web Journal provides the opportunity to publish your
work, with pay, on topics of interest to the community.  Preferred features
will make use of advanced object technology through the Web and include
distributed objects, interaction, animation, and information technology.
These can be implemented with CORBA, VRML, Java, Active-X, object databases,
and etc.   We should have an Iona Orb and the O2 object database available
soon for use in articles and advanced arrangements for features will be
discussed.  All articles on object technology are also accepted.

Object Currents has had some of the best world-class columnists and
contributors over the past year and Object Magazine carries on the tradition.
We'd also like to add more running examples and provide a forum for the
distribution and discussion of new object technologies.

We will have more to say on this subject soon and this is an invitation to
join in bringing on the next wave of object technology to the forefront.

Please take a look at the journal and see what it is all about:

    http://www.sigs.com/omo

Thank You & Best Regards,
Bob Hathaway

Robert John Hathaway III
Editor-In-Chief
Object Magazine Online
bhathaway@sigs.com
http://www.sigs.com/omo

* Re: Object Magazine Online - CALL FOR PAPERS
@ 1997-09-21  0:00 ` David N. Smith
From: David N. Smith @ 1997-09-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <601fdf$tim$1@news.inch.com> Bob Hathaway, bhathaway@sigs.com
writes:
>distributed objects, interaction, animation, and information technology.
>These can be implemented with CORBA, VRML, Java, Active-X, object databases,
>and etc.

Since you included comp.lang.smalltalk, .C++, .Eiffel, .CLOS, and .Ada)
in your lists of groups, I assume that these languages are part of the
"and etc."

Is it really your opinion that Java is the only language worth mentioning?

Dave

David N. Smith
IBM T J Watson Research Center, Hawthorne, NY
Mailto: dnsmith@watson.ibm.com
Home Page: http://www.dnsmith.com/
Any opinions or recommendations are those
of the author and not of his employer.