From: Dufr <dufriz@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: ZFS/BtrFS bindings
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 19:55:45 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2013-07-15T19:55:45-07:00	[thread overview]

> Any I'm extremely dubious that a third-party "binding" would work. You could
> get some file attributes that way, but you wouldn't be able to use any of
> that information for I/O (that is, you couldn't open a file identified by
> the binding) because there is no Ada way to do such low-level access to I/O
> facilities.

Do you mean that it is not even worth trying one's own bindings?

I am asking because I am fully aware is not a high-priority feature among users, so it is not likely to see it implemented by any vendors. It is only my guess, of course.
The thing is that I won't hold my breath for some vendor to come along and implement Ada support for ZFS, because it may never happen...

So, my next question is: how much would a hired programmer need to write one-platform-only (say, Windows or Linux) Ada bindings for *some* ZFS functions?
I am saying "some" because what I actually need is only the support for extended attributes (xattr). Any guess?