* Long name to short name conversion
@ 2003-01-21  3:09 Kiran Kumar
From: Kiran Kumar @ 2003-01-21  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have an installation CD. All files/directories inside the CD are of
short names (8.3). It also has install batch file, which installs some
files into system. Unfortunately, the batch file is written in such a
way that, it looks for a specific file whose path is of long names.
So, system could not find the respective file and installation failed.

Is there any way to convert short names into respective long names?

I could see only converting long file name to short names (8.3) using
xcopy /T /E. But how to re-convert to long names�. Any ideas??

Regards.

* Re: Long name to short name conversion
@ 2003-01-21  6:11 ` tmoran
From: tmoran @ 2003-01-21  6:11 UTC (permalink / raw)