From: mw@ipx2.rz.uni-mannheim.de (Marc Wachowitz)
Subject: gnat compiler problems on linux
Date: 1997/09/01
Date: 1997-09-01T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

RHS Linux User <gregwk@access.mountain.net> wrote:
> [...]  do you know why gcc is not creating the hello.ali file?
> i have gnat v3.05 and gcc v2.7.2.1-2
> both in redhat linux rpm format.

I guess that your /usr/bin/gcc is from the gcc distribution, and just
doesn't know about Ada - thus it simply ignores *.ads and *.adb; later
gnatmake is of course missing the compilation results. You have to use
the gcc binary which comes from GNAT (the binary distribution should
include that one, and instructions how to install it correctly).

Anyway, you might consider using a newer version: GNAT 3.09 is current;
supposedly 3.10 should be released to the public "soon" [I don't know].

-- Marc Wachowitz <mw@ipx2.rz.uni-mannheim.de>