* DLL's with GNAT 3.09 for Windows 95
@ 1997-08-28  0:00 Joachim Schroeer
From: Joachim Schroeer @ 1997-08-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I have a simple question.
How can one generate DLL's from '.o' files produced by GNAT 3.09 on Windows
95?

Thanks for help.

  Joachim

* Re: DLL's with GNAT 3.09 for Windows 95
@ 1997-08-28  0:00 ` Fergus Henderson
From: Fergus Henderson @ 1997-08-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Joachim Schroeer" <schroeer@amst.co.at> writes:

>I have a simple question.
>How can one generate DLL's from '.o' files produced by GNAT 3.09 on Windows
>95?

See <http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~fjh/gnu-win32/how-to-build-dlls.html>.
I've only tried this for C programs (and Mercury programs) but I think
it should work for Ada too.  You will probably need to make sure your
DLL does not export any global variables.  The web page cited above has
a solution to the global variable problem for C programs, using
#define, but I suspect that it may be a bit harder to solve for Ada.

--
Fergus Henderson <fjh@cs.mu.oz.au>   |  "I have always known that the pursuit
PGP: finger fjh@128.250.37.3         |     -- the last words of T. S. Garp.