From: Brian Drummond <brian_drummond@btconnect.com>
Subject: Re: Generic package with dynamic subprogram name?
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 13:19:44 +0100
Date: 2010-06-11T13:19:44+01:00	[thread overview]

On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 05:08:55 -0400, Stephen Leake
<stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org> wrote:

>Brian Drummond <brian_drummond@btconnect.com> writes:
>
>> On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 03:33:11 -0400, Stephen Leake
>> <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org> wrote:

>>>Using an ASIS application to generate code would be another way.
>>
>> Any pointers (uh, references) where to learn ASIS for this purpose?

>I'm not aware of any tutorials.
>
>gnatstub (included in all GNAT distributions) is a small ASIS
>application that can serve as a good starting point.
>
>auto_text_io (which I wrote)
>(http://www.stephe-leake.org/ada/auto_text_io.html) is a larger example.

Thanks to all for these suggestions, especially yourself, and JP Rosen for
adasubst. Avatox looks interesting but I'm not learning XML just for this!

So auto_text_io looks like the best starting point for me.

I have no definite purpose in mind, but some interest in the possibility of
transforming simple Ada mathematical code into behavioral VHDL.

Mostly because I am appalled at the current trends toward using C to design
hardware!

- Brian