From: Geert Bosch <geert@gonzo.sun3.iaf.nl>
Subject: Ada Floating-point model
Date: 1997/08/12
Date: 1997-08-12T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I am trying to understand the floating point model of Ada.
Hopefully somebody would like to answer my questions below.

Does a model interval associated with a value of a floating
point type include one or two model numbers?

The RM defines a model interval as an interval whose bounds
are model numbers, but doesn't tell which bounds are included
in the interval.

Then there is a remark that the model interval of a model number
consists of that number only. So when I use two model numbers as
operands of a predefined operation, the result should be in
the smallest model interval containing the result. When this
result is a model number this interval consists of that
number only and the operation is exact, right?

Regards,
   Geert