* Re: demise of ajpo?
       [not found] <33CE894F.41C6@hso.link.com>
@ 1997-07-26  0:00 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1997-07-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stanley asks

<<Is this is the reason that the validated compiler list at AdaIC,
has not yet been updated for July yet, though half the month is
gone?  I am not familiar with the connections between AdaIC and
AJPO, so I'm probably just grasping at straws here.  All I know
is that normally, the new monthly validated compiler list usually
shows up within the first three or four days of the month at:

http://sw-eng.falls-church.va.us/AdaIC/compilers/95val/95vcl.htm

But not now, July, the same month when the article above appeared.

We assume that the delay is just because there were a lot of validations
at the last minute (June 30 was the last day for ACVC 2.0.1 validations,
and we know of a lot of validations in those last cople weeks).

* Re: demise of ajpo?
@ 1997-07-28  0:00   ` Philip Brashear
From: Philip Brashear @ 1997-07-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <dewar.869953226@merv>, Robert Dewar <dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu> wrote:
>We assume that the delay is just because there were a lot of validations
>at the last minute (June 30 was the last day for ACVC 2.0.1 validations,
>and we know of a lot of validations in those last cople weeks).

Minor correction, and a little secondhand information:  The last day to START
an ACVC 2.1 validation was July 5, 1997.  Any validation effort that began
on-site testing by that date was permitted to complete.  Several validations
fell into those categories, and their certificate requests were not submitted
to the AJPO/AdaIC until later.  Since the AdaIC received NO certificate
requests during June, the decision was made to delay the July update to the
VCL until those requests were complete.  It should appear any day now.

The AdaIC is operated by IITRI under contract to the AJPO.  AJPO funding has
not yet dried up.  I wish I knew more than that.

Phil Brashear

* Re: demise of ajpo?
@ 1997-07-29  0:00     ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1997-07-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Phil said

<<Minor correction, and a little secondhand information:  The last day to START
an ACVC 2.1 validation was July 5, 1997.  Any validation effort that began
on-site testing by that date was permitted to complete.  Several validations
fell into those categories, and their certificate requests were not submitted
to the AJPO/AdaIC until later.  Since the AdaIC received NO certificate
requests during June, the decision was made to delay the July update to the
VCL until those requests were complete.  It should appear any day now.

You surely mean 2.0.1 and not 2.1 in the above, right?

* Re: demise of ajpo?
@ 1997-07-31  0:00       ` Philip Brashear
From: Philip Brashear @ 1997-07-31  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <dewar.870192058@merv>, Robert Dewar <dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu> wrote:
>Phil said
>
>You surely mean 2.0.1 and not 2.1 in the above, right?

UH-OH!  One of the pitfalls of correcting someone else (my correcting Robert)
is the likelihood of making a mistake in the correction.

Yes, I meant 2.0.1.  Since there haven't been any 2.1 validations yet, it's
a good thing that the last date for its use hasn't come yet!

Sorry.

Phil