* Re: Ada95 Tools & OOD
       [not found] <01bc96fb$957287c0$af7e02d0@kevinb>
@ 1997-07-23  0:00 ` R. Michael Gillmore
From: R. Michael Gillmore @ 1997-07-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kevin Bonifield wrote:

> Can anyone give a recommendation for Ada95-related development
> tools and training?  In particular we need to get about 5-7 people
> up to speed on Ada and OOA/OOD in the near future.  Not many
> tech-course offerings here in Tulsa, OK, I'm afraid.
>
> Also, do you think using a OOA/OOD-tool (as opposed to
> just doing it on paper) has much merit?  We will be using
> Windows/NT as the development platform and target.  Most
> of the Rational tools look like they are for UNIX platforms.
>
> All ideas/comments appreciated...
>
> Please copy any replies to my email: bonifiel@ssd.fsi.com
>
> Thanks!
>
>   //Kevin

I would recommend separating the two training requirements.  I
would also recommend learning the OOA/OOD technologies first.  If
the OO training is performed correctly (regardless of the "approach"),
the concepts will be presented in such a manner that they can be
applied to any project, independent of (programming) language choice.

I learned the OO technology (a modified Shlaer-Mellor) from a company
called "Software Technology (and Tools)" based in American Fork, UT.
The approach they took presenting the technology completely independent
of language or documentation tools.

The biggest benefit for us was that they came to our site for the
training.  Made life much easier for the students.  They were also
available for some on-site consultation (quite reasonable rates, too)
for our first project.

Mike
--
R. Michael "Okie" Gillmore
Cedar Rapids, IA

@ 1997-07-24  0:00 ` Robert B. Love
From: Robert B. Love  @ 1997-07-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In <01bc96fb$957287c0$af7e02d0@kevinb> "Kevin Bonifield" wrote:
> Can anyone give a recommendation for Ada95-related development
> tools and training?  In particular we need to get about 5-7 people
> up to speed on Ada and OOA/OOD in the near future.  Not many
> tech-course offerings here in Tulsa, OK, I'm afraid.

Dang!  I don't know if I should be happy or not.  Its just been 3-4
weeks ago when people at this company said they wouldn't be using Ada
anymore.  All of us in the flight simulation biz cheered and laughed
at how we'd have a competitive edge.  So I get more people using
Ada, which is a good thing but I get my competition getting smarter.

 Bob Love                                   MIME & NeXT Mail OK
 rlove@neosoft.com                            PGP key available

* Re: Ada95 Tools & OOD
@ 1997-07-30  0:00   ` Mike D Bates
From: Mike D Bates @ 1997-07-30  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <5r6cca$jif$1@uuneo.neosoft.com>,
Robert B. Love  <rlove@antispam.neosoft.com> wrote:
>In <01bc96fb$957287c0$af7e02d0@kevinb> "Kevin Bonifield" wrote:
>> Can anyone give a recommendation for Ada95-related development
>> tools and training?  In particular we need to get about 5-7 people
>> up to speed on Ada and OOA/OOD in the near future.  Not many
>> tech-course offerings here in Tulsa, OK, I'm afraid.

>Dang!  I don't know if I should be happy or not.  Its just been 3-4
>weeks ago when people at this company said they wouldn't be using Ada
>anymore.  All of us in the flight simulation biz cheered and laughed
>at how we'd have a competitive edge.  So I get more people using
>Ada, which is a good thing but I get my competition getting smarter.

Not to worry, it's only for a military job.

--
Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, Section 227, any and
all nonsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address is subject to a