From: mcc@tyrolia.cs.princeton.edu (Martin C. Carlisle)
Subject: Re: GNAT 3.09 NT and Win32ada
Date: 1997/07/21
Date: 1997-07-21T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

>I have recently downloaded and installed GNAT 3.09-NT onto my Win95 platform.
>Everything seems fine with my GNAT installation. I then downloaded, installed
>and built the Win32Ada suite from Intermetrics/Labtek.
>I have managed to compile the Win32Ada code but have been unable to link the
>examples (except for testexten.adb). Linker results varied from many
>unresolved symbols not found, to multiple symbol definitions in other
>instances.

If I were smart, I'd have saved this somewhere so I could just cut and
paste.  Here are the steps:

1) Download win32ada (I always get it via www.adahome.com)
2) Do not use win32-winmain from the GNAT version-- instead use the
   one for ObjectAda
3) Compile each of the files in win32ada
4) Make sure the win32ada directory is in your ADA_INCLUDE_PATH and
   ADA_OBJECTS_PATH
5) Make sure you add the necessary pragmas to your code, e.g.:

pragma Linker_Options("-mwindows");
pragma Linker_Options("c:\win32ada\win32ada.a");
pragma Linker_Options("c:\usr\lib\libcomctl32.a");
pragma Linker_Options("c:\usr\lib\libcomdlg32.a");
pragma Linker_Options("c:\usr\lib\libadvapi32.a");

(The first two are definitely needed, the others may or may not be required
depending on your application).

--Martin
--
Martin C. Carlisle, Computer Science, US Air Force Academy
mcc@cs.usafa.af.mil, http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/bios/carlisle.html