From: nabbasi@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Howto communicate between Java and Ada in OS/2
Date: 1997/07/19
Date: 1997-07-19T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <qyalvecwejonqmc.pminews@n247-159.berlin.snafu.de>, "Michael says...

>Hi,
>
>im trying to setup a  demonstration where the interworking between a  Java
>written fron end
>which will be executed using netscape 2.02 under OS/2 and an ada written
>backend has to
>be demonstrated. Has somebody out there done something like this.
>
>I intent do build a small server build upon the OS/2 qeues. But in the moment
>i have no idea
>how to access OS/2 queues from the java script.
>
>Michael

How is that any different than a cgi scripts running a program? with
cgi scripts, you write it so that at one point it will execute some program
written on the server. so you can have your java script executing a program
that can be written in Ada.  note that I think David Weller it was, has
written an Ada binding to enable one to write cgi scripts in Ada (I think
he wrote the PUT and GET api's but I dont not know much about cgi to be sure
now).

so, write the Ada program on the server, and let your script starts it, the
output of the Ada program will go back to the browser.

Nasser