From: cgreen@yosemite.atc.com (Christopher Green)
Subject: Re: Placement of pragma Convention
Date: 1997/06/23
Date: 1997-06-23T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <EC8x58.2uJ.0.-s@inmet.camb.inmet.com>,
Tucker Taft <stt@houdini.camb.inmet.com> wrote:
>Despite my affiliation, GNAT is in the right on this one.
>A program unit pragma may follow the program unit only if the
>program unit is a subprogram_declaration, generic_subprogram_declaration,
>or generic instantiation (10.1.5(4,6)).  In all other cases, it needs to be
>immediately inside the program unit.  Although a "subprogram_body"
>is considered to be a "declaration," it is *not* within the category
>"subprogram_declaration," and so any program unit pragma must
>be immediately inside it, rather than following it.

Thank you, Tucker, for your clear and complete explanation.

I see the point; however, the distinction between a declaration
of a subprogram and a subprogram_declaration seems to me a fine
one.

Chris Green                                  Email cgreen@atc.com
Advanced Technology Center                   Phone (714) 583-9119
22982 Mill Creek Drive                                   ext. 220
Laguna Hills, CA 92653                       Fax   (714) 583-9213