From: mfb@mbunix.mitre.org (Michael F Brenner)
Subject: Re: Ada reverse enginering tools.  Can you suggest one ?
Date: 1997/06/17
Date: 1997-06-17T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Some of Ada engineering tools include:
   cgrep (used by MITRE customers), Refine/Ada (a commercial tool),
   gnatf (to produce cross reference lists and lists of things not used).

What I would like to see is better visualization of the cohesion and
coupling using graphical renderings of the program flow and data flow
in all the processes and threads, with timing under my control and
variable values watched at my discretion, with a user interface like
Turbo Pascal 7.0 (the best user interface ever), plus hypertext links
from each node and arrow like Digital Equipment Corporations DECSet
Source Code Analyzer or CADRE Teamwork, and an open interface so I
can program my own metrics collection, clustering algorithms,
statistics, selection criteria for execution and display, written
in Ada so there wont be any bugs, hanging pointers, or memory leakage.