From: mbates@ionet.net (Mike D Bates)
Subject: Re: MicroSoft to purchase Aonix?
Date: 1997/05/31
Date: 1997-05-31T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <m0wXdg3-0002v5C@zot.allware.com>,
gilbert prine  <prine@ALLWARE.COM> wrote:
>I don't really want to get into any flame wars with Mike D Bates in this
>thread, because he probably will never use Ada and I sure wouldn't consider
>using C++ rather than Ada in anything I do.

Just to be clear, I never said that _I_ wouldn't use Ada.  I have used
it, I like it, and I think my company ought to use it.  Those who have
the final say in the matter disagree.  The material in quotes in my
original post reflects the thinking of those who have the final say.

>> "MicroSoft uses C++ for their development.  Don't you think they'd use
>> Ada instead if it was really that much better?"
>
>However this one point needs to be responded to.  Does Mike remember that
>Windows 95 started out to be Windows 93?  Apparently Microsoft can survive
>the major slips that C/C++ induces, but I sure can't.  For his sake I hope
>he can too. :-(

That's an excellent point.  If Microsoft can't produce software on
time using Microsoft's development tools, how will a smaller operation
manage?

--
Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, Section 227, any and
all nonsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address is subject to a