* Q: Ada Editor for Linux
@ 1997-05-24  0:00 Markus Voelter
       [not found] ` <01bc69f5$3ad25c60$d52c5c8b@jerryware>
From: Markus Voelter @ 1997-05-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

does anybody know a nice ( small ) editor for linux with Ada syntax
highlighting...

regards, markus
voelter@rz-nov2.rz.fh-weingarten.de

* Re: Q: Ada Editor for Linux
@ 1997-05-24  0:00 ` Robert Dewar
       [not found] ` <01bc69f5$3ad25c60$d52c5c8b@jerryware>
From: Robert Dewar @ 1997-05-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Markus asks

<<does anybody know a nice ( small ) editor for linux with Ada syntax
highlighting...

regards, markus
voelter@rz-nov2.rz.fh-weingarten.de>>

EMACS of course meets the requirements except for being small. On the
other hand, these days when 32 meg of memory costs less than $200,
small is getting rapidly redefined!

* Re: Ada Editor for Linux
       [not found] ` <01bc69f5$3ad25c60$d52c5c8b@jerryware>
@ 1997-05-30  0:00   ` Tony White
From: Tony White @ 1997-05-30  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <01bc69f5$3ad25c60$d52c5c8b@jerryware>,
   "Jerry van Dijk" <jvandyk@ibm.net> wrote:
>Markus Voelter <voelter@rz-nov2.rz.fh-weingarten.de> schreef in artikel
><5m6n6k$mrs$1@news.belwue.de>...
>
>> does anybody know a nice ( small ) editor for linux with Ada syntax
>> highlighting...
>
>Actually, there's a syntax coloring patch for vi (elvis) on Linux
>around.
>I've adapted it for Ada, if you're interested, yell, and I will see if
>I can
>fabricate a patch.
>
>Jerry.
>
>P.S. if vi isn't small enough... :-)

Hope you don't mind my butting in, but I'd be interested in the patch as well,
 if you wouldn't mind sending it to me.  I have to take ADA as the first two
computer science classes at school.  Teacher wanted everyone to buy Aonix.  I
built my own "system" with GNAT on LINUX.

I think she's going to use GNAT on WIN95 with ADAGIDE next semester.:)