* Re: Desperatly Seeking Streams!
       [not found] <01bc5ee4$53717470$180010ac@glen>
@ 1997-05-12  0:00 ` Michael Paus
From: Michael Paus @ 1997-05-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In <01bc5ee4$53717470$180010ac@glen> "Glenn Lambkin" wrote:
> I am trying to use stream packages in a small ada program,
> and I desperatly need information on how to use ada.streams.stream_io,
> to read an integer from a file which already exists.

Just open the file in the same way as you would do with Text_IO but use
the package Ada.Streams.Stream_IO instead.

declare
	File           : File_Type;
	S              : Stream_Access;
	Value      : Integer;
begin
	Open (File, In_File, "My_File");
	S := Stream (File);
	Integer'Read (S, Value);
	Close (File);
end;

only message in thread, other threads:[~1997-05-12  0:00 UTC | newest]