* Student looking for Ada company
@ 1997-05-06  0:00 Markus Voelter
From: Markus Voelter @ 1997-05-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello out there,

im a student studying technical physics, and i have to do a 6 month
practical term in the following term.
That's why I'm looking for a company in southern Germany, which works on
real time systems with Ada. I know Ada, and I would like to work with it
in my practical term.
If you know a company that deals with Ada in real time systems or if you
could perhaps offer me a place to do my practical term please eMail me.

regards, Markus

voelter@rz-nov2.rz.fh-weingarten.de

* Re: Student looking for Ada company
@ 1997-05-08  0:00 ` Michael F Brenner
From: Michael F Brenner @ 1997-05-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I am a student studying technical physics, and i have to do a 6 month
> practical term in the following term.  That's why I'm looking for a
> company in southern Germany

What is a practical term? Does that mean you pay the rent and work
for free for a company for 6 months, doing high-tech work? Are there
thousands of people who do this every year in Germany? Are they available
to program Free Ada code on the Net? Are they available to do research
in technical fields?

* Re: Student looking for Ada company
@ 1997-05-12  0:00   ` Markus Voelter
From: Markus Voelter @ 1997-05-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <5ksfct$aes@top.mitre.org>, mfb@mbunix.mitre.org says...

>> I am a student studying technical physics, and i have to do a 6 month
>> practical term in the following term.  That's why I'm looking for a
>> company in southern Germany
>
>What is a practical term? Does that mean you pay the rent and work
>for free for a company for 6 months, doing high-tech work? Are there
>thousands of people who do this every year in Germany? Are they
available
>to program Free Ada code on the Net? Are they available to do research
>in technical fields?

Hi all,

a practical term is a 6 month period, where students from so called
Fachhochschulen ( a kind of university in Germany ) go to a company to
learn the "real" work they will have to do as engineers later. They try
to do high tech work as good as they can, but they don't it for free.
They dont get too much, but something about 1.000 DM ( ca. $700 ) is the
average.

The goal is not just to let them work anything, but to do a kind of
little project, instructed by an engineer, or within a team.

It is also possible to do this abroad.

So if you want good, motivated, young people try students.
( if you have something, please call me! )

regards, Markus