* GNU Ada for the PC?
@ 1997-04-25  0:00 Matthew Kennedy
From: Matthew Kennedy @ 1997-04-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've learnt C, C++, Extended Pascal now I'de like to learn Ada because I
have read that it is quite a good tool for real-time systems
development. My question is there a free Ada compiler (GNU prefered) for
the DOS/Windows PC?

Thanks.

--
Matthew Kennedy
Student of Electronics Engineering, USQ Australia

* Re: GNU Ada for the PC?
@ 1997-04-25  0:00 ` Warwick Mills
From: Warwick Mills @ 1997-04-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Matthew Kennedy <q957722@mail.connect.usq.edu.au> wrote:

>I've learnt C, C++, Extended Pascal now I'de like to learn Ada because I
>have read that it is quite a good tool for real-time systems
>development. My question is there a free Ada compiler (GNU prefered) for
>the DOS/Windows PC?
>
>Thanks.
>
>--
>Matthew Kennedy
>Student of Electronics Engineering, USQ Australia
>  " Hey pig, nothing's turning out the way I planned "
>      - Nine Inch Nails

Try http://www.gnat.com/ for info about GNAT, an Ada compiler distributed
freely, with sources, under the Copyleft policy of the Free Software
Foundation.

For general info on Ada try http://www.adahome.com/

--
Warwick Mills <warwick.mills@gecm.com>