From: dgibson@thalamus.cis.ohio-state.edu (david scott gibson)
Subject: Re: Service Academies
Date: 1997/04/01
Date: 1997-04-01T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <5hpjgp$sb@uuneo.neosoft.com>,
Robert B. Love  <rlove@neosoft.com> wrote:
>So my actual questions are:
>
>a) Is Ada being taught to Air Force cadets?

Yes.  The core curriculum required for all USAFA cadets includes a one
semester course in which the cadets use Ada.  I've been away from
USAFA for a while, but I believe it's still the case that other
courses offered by the Computer Science Department and other
engineering departments also use Ada.  Some upper-level CS courses
uses other languages as appropriate for the subject matter.

>b) Why, if right outside their gates it isn't being used?
>Actually, I do know of a _small_ number of Ada projects in the
>Springs but the number seems to be dwindling fast.  Does the
>Air Force not use "war fighting" software?

While the high-tech sector is growing in Colorado Springs, I do not
believe that much DoD software is developed there - although quite a
bit is used at local bases.

Dave
--
David S. Gibson, Major, USAF