* Re: Ada vs Occam
       [not found] <5hc2a2$brl@tube.news.pipex.net>
@ 1997-03-27  0:00 ` Peter Hermann
From: Peter Hermann @ 1997-03-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tom Rodger (Tom.Rodger@dial.pipex.com) wrote:

: Hi,

: I wonder if anybody can help me?
: I am looking for any information on two programming
: languages - ADA and OCCAM.

: I am looking to make a comparison of these two
: languages and need any information on the features,
: advantages, limitations, etc of each.

: If anybody has any information, or could point me in
: the direction of some good web sites, I would be very grateful.

: Cheers
: Tom

I have a paper "expression du parallelisme occam en Ada" by
Prof. Louis Frecon et.al.. I just tried to find him on the net
but finished at
http://www.insa-lyon.fr/Insa/Laboratoires/l3i.html
from there you may continue searching, good luck!

--
Peter Hermann  Tel:+49-711-685-3611 Fax:3758 ph@csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de
Pfaffenwaldring 27, 70569 Stuttgart Uni Computeranwendungen

* Re: Ada vs Occam
@ 1997-03-27  0:00   ` Oliver Kellogg
From: Oliver Kellogg @ 1997-03-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Tom Rodger (Tom.Rodger@dial.pipex.com) wrote:

> : Hi,

> : I wonder if anybody can help me?
> : I am looking for any information on two programming
> : languages - ADA and OCCAM.

> : I am looking to make a comparison of these two
> : languages and need any information on the features,
> : advantages, limitations, etc of each.

Didn't Andy Wellings years ago write a book comaring the two?
Contact me if you're interested and I'll try to dig up the details.

--Oliver

* Re: Ada vs Occam
@ 1997-03-28  0:00     ` Pat Rogers
From: Pat Rogers @ 1997-03-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Oliver Kellogg <okellogg@cube.net> wrote in article
<5hesdp$pi$1@salyko.cube.net>...
> > Tom Rodger (Tom.Rodger@dial.pipex.com) wrote:
>
> > : Hi,
>
> > : I wonder if anybody can help me?
> > : I am looking for any information on two programming
> > : languages - ADA and OCCAM.
>
> > : I am looking to make a comparison of these two
> > : languages and need any information on the features,
> > : advantages, limitations, etc of each.
>
> Didn't Andy Wellings years ago write a book comaring the two?
> Contact me if you're interested and I'll try to dig up the details.

You're probably thinking of Programming In occam 2, by Alan Burns,
Addison-Wesly,1988. ISBN 0-201-17371-9

However, for a comparison of Ada and occam (among others) you have
to go to the very much more recent book by Alan Burns and Andy Wellings,
Real-Time Systems and Programming Languages, Addison-Wesley, 1997.
ISBN is 0-201-40365-X.  Be sure to get the second edition, as it has been
updated for Ada95 as well as POSIX, and contains much more scheduling
material.