* Re: System time and date
@ 1997-03-17  0:00 ` Michael F Brenner
From: Michael F Brenner @ 1997-03-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

    > I apologize but ... am still having problems getting the system
    > time /date to output to the screen. A young struggling ADA
    > programmer would deeply appreciate the help. A sample of code
    > would be a real help or just point me in a direction for
    > more reading.  Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Sorry you are having trouble, and I agree with you that the correct
solution is to look at samples of code. I am willing to post code
for you. In addition, millions of lines of Ada code are on-line in the
PAL and other ftp and web sites. There are also a lot of Ada text books.
But I need to know what your problem is. For example, have you never
programmed before, and do not know that you are looking for a command
like text_io.put_line? Or are you a programmer and do not know how to
spell the typecast from type time to type string? Or are you without
an on-line manual so you do not have the spec for package calendar and
package text_io? Your message does not tell us what you need. If a line
of code at the boundary of the text_io and calendar packages would
truly satisfy your desire, that information will be given to you.

However, if your desire is to program that line of code your self, download
the Ada 95 manual from the web, for example at ftp://cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat.
Then read sections 9.6 (12), 9.6 (14), 3.5 (36), and A.10.7(21).

On the other hand, if your question is not how to use package calendar, but
to call a particular operating system directory to ask that operating
systems time, for those instances when there are multiple clocks and
package calendar reads the wrong clock, then you need to reveal the
operating system you are asking about, because the answer is different
on different systems.

* System time and date
@ 1997-03-17  0:00 pjgraziani
From: pjgraziani @ 1997-03-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am sure this has been asked a thousand times before and if so  I apologize
but I did search through the FAQ and have studied the package calendar and
am still having problems getting the system time /date to output to the screen.

A young struggling ADA programmer would deeply appreciate the help.
A sample of code would be a real help or just point me in a direction for
more reading.  Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

To save band width just e-mail me.

Thanks,

Paul Graziani
pjgraziani@ualr.edu