From: wheeler@aphrodite (David Wheeler)
Subject: Re: AQS95 floatin point relational tests
Date: 1997/03/13
Date: 1997-03-13T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

JP Thornley (jpt@diphi.demon.co.uk) wrote:

: The results of delving into my own archive is given below.
: Clearly, anyone using the AQS should look carefully at 5.5.6 and 7.2.7,
: as well as 7.2.2 to 7.2.4, and make the most sensible interpretation...

And said Tucker Taft's response was:

: This is a bug in AQ&S.  Several of the reviewers of AQ&S pointed out
: this mistake, but alas, it somehow managed to slip through.  One claim
: was that this statement was due to Norman Cohen, and hence indisputable.
: However, Norm (or at least NC1, as we used to call his non-alter-ego ;-)
: has since disavowed all connection with this statement.

I'd like to see the AQ&S corrected.
Any suggestions on how this might be accomplished?
One possibility: someone could try to develop a correction that the
original AQ&S reviewers agree to.

--- David A. Wheeler
    dwheeler@ida.org