From: WhiteR@CRPL.Cedar-Rapids.lib.IA.US (Robert S. White)
Subject: Re: (unverified) Ada mandate cancelled (Greg A would be proud)
Date: 1997/03/09
Date: 1997-03-09T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <332231F7.470E@aonix.com>, dpw@aonix.com says...

>Once wayward contractors come back to Ada and find that the new
>generation of tools if fast, powerful, easy to use, and
>cost-effective, they'll start to forget some of their early
>experiences.

  Some contractors have not stumbled from the "way" but do find that the
efforts of your company, Aonix, and that of the GNAT project have made
Ada viable for desktop applications where the DoD mandate does not apply
(internal IR&D and Non-Developmental Item projects).  I have seen several
orders for your ObjectAda going to purchasing recently.  It will be very
interesting to see what the metrics show for ObjectAda versus Visual C++.

  Yours and ACT's (Dewar/Kenner) support in solving problems and helping
others  on the Usenet and web is certainly a factor.  Thanks :-)
Robert S. White                    -- an embedded sys software engineer
				   -- speaking for myself only!