From: wheeler@aphrodite (David Wheeler)
Subject: Computer Graphics Interface (CGI)
Date: 1997/03/05
Date: 1997-03-05T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Can anyone point me to more information on ISO/IEC 9636:1994,
"Computer Graphics-Interfacing (CGI) Techniques for Dialogue with Graphics
Devices"?  There's apparantly a standardized Ada binding for it, and
it's included in the U.S. DoD's "Joint Technical Architecture"
(in section 2.2.2.1.5).

I'm interested in its market penetration, apparant future,
comparisons with other technologies, that sort of thing.
Personal experience appreciated too.  My web searches haven't
found anything along these lines.

I'm _NOT_ interested in more information on the WWW's
Common Gateway Interface, also abbreviated CGI.  I already know
all about that CGI (I even wrote an Ada binding to it).

Thanks in advance!

--- David A. Wheeler
    dwheeler@ida.org