* Can any body clarify me !!
@ 2002-06-05 11:40 anil kumar hosamani
From: anil kumar hosamani @ 2002-06-05 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
     I want one clarification in ADA programming. I want to keep
.ADS file in separate directory. and its corresponding .ADB file
in separate directory. How I can
done it to build the application.?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Anil
Click below to visit monsterindia.com and review jobs in India or
Abroad
http://monsterindia.rediff.com/jobs

* Re: Can any body clarify me !!
@ 2002-06-05 11:46 Grein, Christoph
From: Grein, Christoph @ 2002-06-05 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hi,
>      I want one clarification in ADA programming. I want to keep
> .ADS file in separate directory. and its corresponding .ADB file
> in separate directory. How I can
> done it to build the application.?

If you use Gnat, check the -I option in the top secret documentation that should have come with your
compiler installation.

* Re: Can any body clarify me !!
@ 2002-06-05 12:37 ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2002-06-05 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5 Jun 2002 11:40:38 -0000, anil kumar hosamani wrote:
> Hi,
>      I want one clarification in ADA programming. I want to keep
> .ADS file in separate directory. and its corresponding .ADB file
> in separate directory. How I can
> done it to build the application.?

Why would you want to do that? It sounds to me that you will only have
more problems editing your files this way.

Preben

* Re: Can any body clarify me !!
@ 2002-06-05 12:47   ` chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2002-06-05 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Preben Randhol" <randhol+abuse@pvv.org> wrote in message

> Why would you want to do that? It sounds to me that you will only have
> more problems editing your files this way.

Perhaps to maintain different implementations with the same specification?

* Re: Can any body clarify me !!
@ 2002-06-05 13:17   ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2002-06-05 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Preben Randhol" <randhol+abuse@pvv.org> wrote in message
[snip]
> Why would you want to do that? It sounds to me that you will only have
> more problems editing your files this way.

One 'real' target version, one 'fake' host version, test stub versions etc.

* Re: Can any body clarify me !!
@ 2002-06-05 13:40     ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2002-06-05 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 5 Jun 2002 14:17:47 +0100, Martin Dowie wrote:
> "Preben Randhol" <randhol+abuse@pvv.org> wrote in message
> [snip]
>> Why would you want to do that? It sounds to me that you will only have
>> more problems editing your files this way.
>
> One 'real' target version, one 'fake' host version, test stub versions etc.

Then I would recommend using CVS

Preben

* Re: Can any body clarify me !!
@ 2002-06-05 18:03 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2002-06-05 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

"anil kumar hosamani" <anilkumar762@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:<mailman.1023277322.25539.comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org>...
>      I want one clarification in ADA programming. I want to keep
> .ADS file in separate directory. and its corresponding .ADB file
> in separate directory. How I can
> done it to build the application.?

That's not an Ada question, its a compiler question. There's nothing
in the language that says where files can go (or even how they have to
be named). You should consult your compiler documentation.

--
T.E.D.
Home     -  mailto:dennison@telepath.com (Yahoo: Ted_Dennison)

* Re: Can any body clarify me !!
@ 2002-06-06  1:51   ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 2002-06-06  1:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Preben Randhol <randhol+abuse@pvv.org> wrote in message news:<slrnafs1g8.aa1.randhol+abuse@kiuk0152.chembio.ntnu.no>...
> On 5 Jun 2002 11:40:38 -0000, anil kumar hosamani wrote:
> > Hi,
> >      I want one clarification in ADA programming. I want to keep
> > .ADS file in separate directory. and its corresponding .ADB file
> > in separate directory. How I can
> > done it to build the application.?
>
> Why would you want to do that? It sounds to me that you will only have
> more problems editing your files this way.
>
> Preben

It's a perfectly reasonable thing to want to do, since e.g. the specs
may need
to be shared but not the bodies, or there may be multiple
implementations of
the bodies in different directories. GNAT fully supports this, all the
necessary documentation is in the users guide.

* Re: Can any body clarify me !!
@ 2002-06-06  1:52       ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 2002-06-06  1:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Preben Randhol <randhol+abuse@pvv.org> wrote in message news:<slrnafs562.aa1.randhol+abuse@kiuk0152.chembio.ntnu.no>...
> On Wed, 5 Jun 2002 14:17:47 +0100, Martin Dowie wrote:
> > "Preben Randhol" <randhol+abuse@pvv.org> wrote in message
> > [snip]
> >> Why would you want to do that? It sounds to me that you will only have
> >> more problems editing your files this way.
> >
> > One 'real' target version, one 'fake' host version, test stub versions etc.
>
> Then I would recommend using CVS
>
> Preben

That's a non-sequitur, The use of CVS is orthogonal, the use of separate
directories in the manner suggested above is absolutely standard practice.

* Re: Can any body clarify me !!
@ 2002-06-06  1:54 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 2002-06-06  1:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Grein, Christoph" <christoph.grein@eurocopter.com> wrote in message news:<mailman.1023277742.25662.comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org>...
> > Hi,
> >      I want one clarification in ADA programming. I want to keep
> > .ADS file in separate directory. and its corresponding .ADB file
> > in separate directory. How I can
> > done it to build the application.?
>
> If you use Gnat, check the -I option in the top secret documentation that should have come with your
> compiler installation.

Now Christopher has gone and done it :-) He has revealed the existance
of
the secret documents. Can't you tell how much trouble we have gone to
hide the user documentation of GNAT by giving it the highly obscure
title "GNAT Users Guide" :-) :-)

Seriously, this documentation is definitely worth perusing. Compilers
are not
like simple minded editors that you can expect to use without reading
the documentation!