* Gnat filenaming
@ 2002-05-18  7:00 Randy Binnie
From: Randy Binnie @ 2002-05-18  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is probably a repeated question, but I couldn't find
much in the FAQ.
I'm trying to run gnatmake using filenames that dont follow
the gnat filenaming convention.  Renaming all the files is
just not an option, and I dont really want to run
gnatchop every time.

I've been using gnatmake and the gnat.adc file containing
pragma SOURCE_FILE_NAME( ... )
which works fine for all files within
the directory, say directory A, when all required files are
contained within A.
But when compiling files in directory B, which has its own gnat.adc,
and requires files from A,
I get errors because gnat is searching A for filenames in
gnat filenaming convention.

How do I tell gnatmake to search directory A using the filenaming
listed in A's gnat.adc?

I hope there is a way to do this cause I'd rather not
write my own compile script.

Thanks for any help.
Randy Binnie

* Re: Gnat filenaming
@ 2002-05-18 20:22 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 2002-05-18 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Randy Binnie <rsbinnie@netscape.net> wrote in message news:<pan.2002.05.17.20.59.39.496795.2032@netscape.net>...
> This is probably a repeated question, but I couldn't find
> much in the FAQ.

There is a section in the GNAT users guide specifically
on handling non-standard file names, which answers this
and other related questions.