* patch to Gnat 3.14p NT posted
@ 2002-02-24 18:23 tmoran
From: tmoran @ 2002-02-24 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've sent to www.adapower.com a patch to fix a problem with the Clocks
in Gnat 3.14p.  The problem is described in
http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;Q274323&
and occurs in certain circumstances on PCs with chipsets from
   Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS)
   Acer Labs, Inc. (ALi)
   VIA Technologies, Inc. (VIA)
   Serverworks Corporation
   Intel Corporation
If the code
   End_Time := Ada.Calendar.Clock + 10.0;
   while Ada.Calendar.Clock < End_Time loop null;end loop;
runs in a fraction of a second instead of taking ten seconds, then your
system has the problem.  It's not clear to me how common this hardware
defect is, but these are not obscure chipset vendors.

* Re: patch to Gnat 3.14p NT posted
@ 2002-02-25  6:07 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 2002-02-25  6:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

tmoran@acm.org wrote in message news:<lcae8.42596$tO5.1583681630@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com  > It's not clear to me how common this hardware
> defect is, but these are not obscure chipset vendors.

No but you are quite unlikely to have an old PCI machine
with this bug in it. We have not had any reports from any
of our customers of running into this hardware problem