From: dewar@gnat.com (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Unchecked_Deallocation and Constraint_Error
Date: 20 Feb 2002 10:59:50 -0800
Date: 2002-02-20T18:59:51+00:00	[thread overview]

"Marin David Condic" <dont.bother.mcondic.auntie.spam@[acm.org> wrote in message news:<a4tmmj$asm$1@nh.pace.co.uk>...

> I know, for example, that Gnat won't generate the checks
> that cause Constraint_Error on integer range excptions
> unless you throw a switch to
> enable it. Could this be a similar case?

Well you may "know" this, but that does not make it true :-)

Range_Checks are indeed on by default in GNAT and always
have been. You are mixing this up with Overflow_Checks
which are not on by default (and if you don't know the
difference, consult the RM, these terms are defined there!)

It is of course true that the questioner might have made a
pilot error (for instance, one certainly would not expect
to get an exception using -gnatp on GNAT :-)