From: dewar@gnat.com (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: I'm baffled...
Date: 31 Oct 2001 02:06:03 -0800
Date: 2001-10-31T10:06:03+00:00	[thread overview]

ANH_VO@udlp.com wrote in message news:<mailman.1004489444.3618.comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org>...
> I am afraid that more codes need to be posted in order for me at least to find
> out what is going on. In fact, it is not easy to reproduce the Constraint_Error
> without knowing the exact Word_List.
>
> Anh Vo

Fair enough, a reasonable reply, but you then posted the
ENTIRE original message. Please don't do this, it generates
piles of junk in the archives, and is entirely unnecessary.
I post this because I notice lots of other people making
this elementary error. In a newsgroup, you really need very
little context to establish what you are replying to, given
that messages are all tracked, and indeed most people are
using threaded readers of some kind. Just give a bare minimum of
context so that people know what you are replying to. Some newsreaders
actually prevent you from
posting messages of this kind (e.g. allowing no more quote
lines than message lines). That's a bit draconian, and any
arbitrary rule can be annoying, but as a general principle
that's an excellent limit to respect.