From: dewar@gnat.com (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Inexpensive Ada Compiler
Date: 20 Oct 2001 20:42:11 -0700
Date: 2001-10-21T03:42:11+00:00	[thread overview]

William Forbes <wforbes@third-wave.com> wrote in message news:<3BD21896.B893A11@third-wave.com>...
> In my continual search for an inexpensive Ada compiler, I have found RR
> Software's
> Janus /95 system with the IDE called Claw.  Any big negatives to this
> set of products?

It is not full Ada 95, but if it does the job for you and
the price is right, by all means use it. There are certainly other
possibilities. Aonix has a student version
of their Windows compiler available for free download, and
of course there is GNAT, which is in fact the only existing
complete implementation of Ada 95 (including all the annexes) and you
can also download copies of this compiler
(and full sources, it is Free Software, part of the GNU
system) from various sites.

Consult www.adapower.com for all sorts of useful info
on this and other topics.

P.S. I was under the impression that CLAW was a thick binding to
windows services, rather than an IDE, but I
may be incorrect and just not be aware of latest developments. GNAT
comes with several IDE possibilities,
including AdaGIDE from Martin Carlisle which is particularly suitable
for student use.