From: mark_doherty@yahoo.co.uk (Mark Doherty)
Subject: Re: GNADE samples on windows (cygwin)
Date: 29 Nov 2004 14:24:25 -0800
Date: 2004-11-29T14:24:25-08:00	[thread overview]

Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@acm.org> wrote in message news:<mailman.141.1101665669.10401.comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org>...
> mark_doherty@yahoo.co.uk (Mark Doherty) writes:
>
> > Out of interest, why does cygwin not include all these products?
>
> It's a volunteer system; no one has volunteered to put them all in.
> Here's your chance!

Configuration is something I don't enjoy, but appreciate when it works
well.
I am sure that it is not as easy as it should be but I'll find out a
bit more before I make a committment.

Any "non-technical" advice from anybody that has done this would be
appreciated.

> > Does anybody have a step-by-step guide to install and run all the
> > GNADE samples under windows (xp)?
>
> Hmm. I'm the nominal GNADE maintainer for Windows. I guess that makes
> it my job to create that guide; I hadn't quite thought of it that way.
> Although Michael Erdmann is also doing Windows now.
>
> Let's try this; send me (via private email) the steps you've taken so
> far, and I'll see if I can reproduce your problems and provide
> solutions. Then that will form the starting point for the guide you
> are talking about. I'm on Windows 2000, but that really shouldn't matter.

Thanx, I'll e-mail you later this week with what I found.

Mark