From: mark_doherty@yahoo.co.uk (Mark Doherty)
Subject: Redhat Linux 9.0 and Gnat
Date: 6 Oct 2003 12:23:59 -0700
Date: 2003-10-06T12:23:59-07:00	[thread overview]

I am new to Linux and have installed a full installation of Linux from
redhat (9). I then updated to the latest versions of most RPMs using
redhat network. This has installed gcc 3.2. I have tried to install
AWS and the compiler does not recognise pragma Unreferenced. I have
got round it for the moment by removing the -gnatwe style switches.
I don't understand why the pragma Unreferenced has been removed in a
later version of GCC. It seems like a good pragma to me. Is there
another pragma to use instead.

Am I wasting my time using gcc 3.2 until GNAT supports it. (I am not
sure what version of gnat I am using because I don't know the Linux
command that tells me). If so how do I go back to 2.8.1.

Do all the components compiled with gcc 3.2 need to be recompiled,
how?
Should I install Redhat 7.x instead?

Having gone through the initial installation pain of Linux (UK BT
broadband modem), I am not going back to Windows!

Mark