* PM binding for Os/2 Warp
@ 1997-02-09  0:00 EMANUELE COSTA
From: EMANUELE COSTA @ 1997-02-09  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
        I'd like to know if there exist and how to use the PM binding for
Gnat 309 compiler under Os/2 Warp.
        Have you got any clue where I could find a good manual, even an
HTML format one, on how to programming the OS/2 PM manager?
        thanks
                EMANUELE

------------------ Emanuele Costa -------------------
e-mail: costa@unix.lancs.ac.uk
Jenkinson's Law: It Won't Work.
SUPPORT 'PADANIA LIBERA' CAMPAIGN: www.leganordsen.it

* Re: PM binding for Os/2 Warp
@ 1997-02-10  0:00 ` Thomas Hoffmann
From: Thomas Hoffmann @ 1997-02-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

EMANUELE COSTA <e.costa@LANCASTER.AC.UK> writes:

> Hi,
>         I'd like to know if there exist and how to use the PM binding for
> Gnat 309 compiler under Os/2 Warp.

There are at least 3 thin PM bindings:

- ftp://cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat/contrib/os2/bindings/ (K. Brunner)
- G. Bosch had released a version and a customized editor (EPM-based),
  don't have the address at the moment
- L.Dulman's bindings (look at hobbes, dev32:
  os2apipm.zip     236447 Jan 12 07:08  Ada (GNAT) bindings to the
  OS/2 API

>         Have you got any clue where I could find a good manual, even an
> HTML format one, on how to programming the OS/2 PM manager?
>         thanks

C-based books: there are lots. For on-line advice look for EDM/2.
Thomas Hoffmann, Institut fuer Halbleiter- und Mikrosystemtechnik, TU Dresden
E-mail: hoffmann@ehmgs2.et.tu-dresden.de

If OS/2 could 'walk on water' the front page headline in
InfoWorld would read "OS/2 CAN'T SWIM!!!".

* Re: PM binding for Os/2 Warp
@ 1997-02-10  0:00 ` Dale Pontius
From: Dale Pontius @ 1997-02-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.970209122838.13697D-100000@unixb.lancs.ac.uk>,
        EMANUELE COSTA <e.costa@LANCASTER.AC.UK> writes:
> Hi,
>         I'd like to know if there exist and how to use the PM binding for
> Gnat 309 compiler under Os/2 Warp.

I've got at least 3 sets of thin bindings for GNAT on OS/2, including
PM. I know that one was uploaded to ftp.cdrom.com back in January as
'os2_binding.zip'.

One of these days I need to collect my OS/2-Ada resources in one spot
and make at least the pointers available. There's also a good PM-based
IDE for GNAT out there.
Try http://wwwedu.cs.utwente.nl/~boschg/AdaPM305.exe
The author may have updated it. I found that I wanted to mess with the
installation quite a bit, but the IDE works and there are bindings.

>         Have you got any clue where I could find a good manual, even an
> HTML format one, on how to programming the OS/2 PM manager?
>         thanks

I'd suggest looking on comp.os.os2.programming.misc for some of the
online efforts that are happening.

Dale Pontius
(NOT speaking for IBM)

* Re: PM binding for Os/2 Warp
@ 1997-02-10  0:00 ` Tarjei Jensen
From: Tarjei Jensen @ 1997-02-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

There are Ada PM bindings on ftp://ftp.cdrom.com and on ftp://hobbes.nmsu.edu.
I have to check where they are located.

According to plan I'll upload Leonid Dulmans new bindings to these two sites
next weekend.

Greetings,

--
// Tarjei T. Jensen
//    tarjeij@ulrik.uio.no || fax +47 51664292  || voice +47 51 85 87 39

* Re: PM binding for Os/2 Warp
@ 1997-02-11  0:00   ` Geert Bosch
From: Geert Bosch @ 1997-02-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dale Pontius (pontius@btv.vnet.ibm.com) wrote:
   One of these days I need to collect my OS/2-Ada resources in one spot
   and make at least the pointers available. There's also a good PM-based
   IDE for GNAT out there.
   Try http://wwwedu.cs.utwente.nl/~boschg/AdaPM305.exe
   The author may have updated it. I found that I wanted to mess with the
   installation quite a bit, but the IDE works and there are bindings.

As the author of this package I want to make clear that I have withdrawn
the IDE.  The main reason for this is that there are too many bugs in
the editor which cannot be fixed, because that would mean rewriting
EPM.

That was the bad news.  The good news is that I am working on GNAT for
OS/2 quite a lot lately and you will see the results when they are
available.

Regards,
   Geert
--
E-Mail: geert@sun3.iaf.nl
      ``I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.''