* Best option for portable GUI?
@ 2003-01-17 11:03 Jano
From: Jano @ 2003-01-17 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello everybody.

I'm near to start a project of some size using Ada. I intend to make
it portable, at least between Windows and Linux.

Part of this project is a GUI. I have no previous experience out of
the Win32 API, but I guess there are some libraries for GUIs in Ada
that would help me in my objective of portability. I seek advice on
what one to choose, because I'll need to learn it in detail.

I've heard of some options:

GtkAda: Seems a good option but with steep learning curve?

GWindows: it's portable?

Claw: isn't free...

Could you be so kind to offer some advice? Some candidates I don't
know of?

Thanks in advance,

A. Mosteo.

* Re: Best option for portable GUI?
@ 2003-01-17 11:26 Grein, Christoph
From: Grein, Christoph @ 2003-01-17 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

> I've heard of some options:
>
> GtkAda: Seems a good option but with steep learning curve?
>
> Claw: isn't free...

The intro version is free (GMGPL)

Personally, I've found Claw more intuitive and easier to use than GtkAda.

But Claw is bound to Windows, GtkAda can run on both, Windows and Linux.

* Re: Best option for portable GUI?
@ 2003-01-18 13:12 David C. Hoos, Sr.
From: David C. Hoos, Sr. @ 2003-01-18 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada mail to news gateway