From: 402450@cepsz.unizar.es (Jano)
Subject: Best option for portable GUI?
Date: 17 Jan 2003 03:03:13 -0800
Date: 2003-01-17T11:03:13+00:00	[thread overview]

Hello everybody.

I'm near to start a project of some size using Ada. I intend to make
it portable, at least between Windows and Linux.

Part of this project is a GUI. I have no previous experience out of
the Win32 API, but I guess there are some libraries for GUIs in Ada
that would help me in my objective of portability. I seek advice on
what one to choose, because I'll need to learn it in detail.

I've heard of some options:

GtkAda: Seems a good option but with steep learning curve?

GWindows: it's portable?

Claw: isn't free...

Could you be so kind to offer some advice? Some candidates I don't
know of?

Thanks in advance,

A. Mosteo.