From: pontius@btv.ibm.com (Dale Pontius)
Subject: Ada/Java interface (was: Platform independent GUI bindings...)
Date: 1997/01/29
Date: 1997-01-29T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <5cl05e$tak@mdnews.btv.ibm.com>,
        pontius@btv.ibm.com (Dale Pontius) writes:

> Java awt : The Java GUI toolkit. I haven't used it, but I'm under the
>   impression that it's not terribly complete. Still, it's the closest
>   thing to a Universal GUI you'll find. Plus over time, it's likely
>   to get the necessary improvements.

I know there is work going on to generate Java bytecodes from Ada,
but I'm after a little something different.

Is it feasible and reasonable to want to use Java awt as a portable
  GUI toolkit?
Can awt be executed outside of the Java?
If not, can some sort of Java stub code be used without getting in
  the way too much?

Thanks,
Dale Pontius
(NOT speaking for IBM)