From: geert@fozzie.sun3.iaf.nl (Geert Bosch)
Subject: Re: loop step function
Date: 1997/01/25
Date: 1997-01-25T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Paul Van Bellinghen (pvanbell@cloud9.net) wrote:
  "Anyway, there seems to be an obvious omission in the ADA language.
   The FOR loop does not have a "STEP" option. In order to perform a
   loop function using a variable's range of values but in steps
   greater than the variable kernel, you seem to have to use a WHILE
   loop with the variable incremented within the loop by the step size.
   Is there a more elegant way of doing this?"

It is not possible to answer questions like "I used feature X in
language Y, where is X in Ada?" in general. It is very helpful if
you post a small example problem where you don't know how to solve it
using Ada. Line-by-line translations to Ada of your Pascal programs typically
won't give very good results, since it is often necessary to look at the
problem from a slightly different perspective. This is the hardest
part in learning the language.

When you post an example, there is more context to provide you with
an elegant Ada solution.

Regards,
   Geert
--
E-Mail: geert@sun3.iaf.nl
      ``I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.''