From: "Rego, P." <pvrego@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Arduino (AVR-Ada) plugin for GPS or Emacs?
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 07:06:04 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2012-07-04T07:06:04-07:00	[thread overview]

Jacob,

I use avr-elf-windows (http://libre.adacore.com/download/configurations#) for programming Arduinos (and other AVRs) using Ada. But it's available only for Windows. It's fully integrated to GPS, so you can build all the code from inside it, surf the variables as links, etc, all the GPS things. It generates an .elf, so you have to convert it to .hex using avr-objcopy from WinAVR (but I use a .xml plugin to convert and burn into the AVR).

The cross-compiler comes with ZFP, so you do not have tasks support nor exception handling, but with AVR-Ada the last time I checked you also could not do it. And you don't need to build the cross-compiler, just a click to install the avr-elf-windows :-)

Best regards.