From: rgallen@qnx.com (Rennie Allen)
Subject: Re: great ada book resource online
Date: 1997/01/21
Date: 1997-01-21T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Jim Hopper (jhopper@erinet.com) wrote:
> i was browsing at the relativly new www bookstore www.amazon.com which
> has a HUGE number of books available for purchase over the net (secure
> and inscecure)  i did a search on computer language ada and boy did i
> get a suprise.  there was a really large number of ada programming
> books for sale!  It was really impressive how many there were listed.
> i bought several ada 95 books i had heard about but hadnt gotten around
> to tracking down.  this should probably be on Magnus's web page and in
> the faq as a great place to look for Ada books.

Let the people here know how long it takes you to get the books.  I am pretty
sure (based on the fact that I looked for texts on oilfield exploration in
northern Guyana, and got several hits); that their search-engine simply
searches a global publication database; when they get an order they seek it
out and order it.  If they really put effort into finding the book, then it
looks like a really good service.  If they try a couple of things, and can't
find it; then respond "it's out of print" or something, then it's (IMO) a waste
of time.

--
Rennie Allen                                       <rgallen@qnx.com>
QNX Software Systems Ltd.

 " When they broke open molecules, they found they were only stuffed with
   atoms.  But when they broke open atoms, they found them stuffed with
   explosions." - some kid.