From: Lucretia <laguest9000@googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: AWS (Amazon Web Services) Libraries for Ada
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 08:01:29 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2019-09-10T08:01:29-07:00	[thread overview]

On Tuesday, 10 September 2019 13:37:04 UTC+1, jsin...@gmail.com  wrote:

> I'm working on a project where I will be using AWS services (S3, SQS, and SNS to start) and I was wondering if anyone knows about a ADA library for these services.

I would seriously doubt there is one.

> I've looked around and don't see one --- would my best bet be to build a binding to the C++ AWS apis?

If they have C rather than C++ API's, use that, it'll be a ton easier. If they don't, it's not going to be pleasant, see https://github.com/Lucretia/test_binding for an example of how to do it by hand.

GCC and G++ have switches to create bindings, but these bindings once generated need to be wrapped in an Ada layer to do things properly, such as destructors, i.e. they don't get generated and don't work. When we (charlie5 on #Ada) last looked, the app would crash in certain circumstances.