* Windows Driver Programming with Ada
@ 2016-05-11 17:58 George J
From: George J @ 2016-05-11 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all!!I just want to know, is it really to write,compile and build Windows
Kernel-Mode Driver (WDM,KMDF) using GNAT Programming Studio or anything else instruments!I have an experiense at development with Assembler,C and C++. So
I'd be glad to do some in Ada. Google can't tell me anything and I don't know the way I should go to find the method to do develop windows drivers in Ada.
Hope,somebody can help me.
Thanks!

* Re: Windows Driver Programming with Ada
@ 2016-05-12 20:41 ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2016-05-12 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 1:58:36 PM UTC-4, George J wrote:
> Hi all!!I just want to know, is it really to write,compile and build Windows
> Kernel-Mode Driver (WDM,KMDF) using GNAT Programming Studio or anything else instruments!I have an experiense at development with Assembler,C and C++. So
> I'd be glad to do some in Ada. Google can't tell me anything and I don't know the way I should go to find the method to do develop windows drivers in Ada.
> Hope,somebody can help me.
> Thanks!

Microsoft did use GNATCOM and GNAT in some drivers with PCMCIA cards in the past based on contacts with me years ago. The key is to just do the same thing you would do in C just in Ada and hand roll bindings you need as you go.

David Botton

* Re: Windows Driver Programming with Ada
@ 2016-05-17 17:03   ` George J
From: George J @ 2016-05-17 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

четверг, 12 мая 2016 г., 23:41:26 UTC+3 пользователь David Botton написал:
> On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 1:58:36 PM UTC-4, George J wrote:
> > Hi all!!I just want to know, is it really to write,compile and build Windows
> > Kernel-Mode Driver (WDM,KMDF) using GNAT Programming Studio or anything else instruments!I have an experiense at development with Assembler,C and C++. So
> > I'd be glad to do some in Ada. Google can't tell me anything and I don't know the way I should go to find the method to do develop windows drivers in Ada.
> > Hope,somebody can help me.
> > Thanks!
>
> Microsoft did use GNATCOM and GNAT in some drivers with PCMCIA cards in the past based on contacts with me years ago. The key is to just do the same thing you would do in C just in Ada and hand roll bindings you need as you go.
>
> David Botton

Thanks David! Is there any example of tiny driver made with Ada? I can't understand how can I build "sys" file with GNAT.