* Re: Ada Compiler for Embedded x86
@ 1997-01-09  0:00 ` Russel A. Hill
From: Russel A. Hill @ 1997-01-09  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I forgot.  The prferred host is VAX/VMS (also legacy).

In article <5b1svu$1gg@nntp1.best.com>, tigr@best.com says...

From: Russel A. Hill @ 1997-01-09  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1997-01-09  0:00   ` Robert S. White
From: Robert S. White @ 1997-01-09  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <5b1t6m$1gg@nntp1.best.com>, tigr@best.com says...

>I forgot.  The prferred host is VAX/VMS (also legacy).
>

>In article <5b1svu$1gg@nntp1.best.com>, tigr@best.com says...
>>
>>DOes anyone have any recommendations for a Ada-83 Compiler targeting an
>>Embedded 80186?
>>
>>I am beginning a rather large project which is using a legacy compiler with
>>HUNDREDS of known bugs.  I need something which can produce correct ROMable
>>code.

  Try DDC-I.  It is a not well kept secret that a lot of avionics equipment
have been using it with x86 processors for the past 10 years.

Robert S. White                    -- an embedded sys software engineer
WhiteR@CRPL.Cedar-Rapids.lib.IA.US --long/cheap alternate I-net address

* Re: Ada Compiler for Embedded x86
@ 1997-01-10  0:00     ` Russel A. Hill
From: Russel A. Hill @ 1997-01-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am familiar with DDC-I.  I'm looking for a different vendor.

In article <5b40ms$mg0@flood.weeg.uiowa.edu>,
WhiteR@CRPL.Cedar-Rapids.lib.IA.US says...

@ 1997-01-10  0:00       ` Robert Dewar
       [not found]         ` <32DAAFDF.5EB2@cci.de>
From: Robert Dewar @ 1997-01-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Russel is looking for an 80186 cross-compiler. Alsys certanly used to have
such a product, although the current Aonix home page reveals no trace of
this (or any of the other old Alsys 83 products), so perhaps it is no longer
available.

No one that we know of has done a GCC (or GNAT!) port for the 16-bit x86
family. That would certainy be possible, but at this stage, it seems
unlikely that there is much demand for Ada 95 on such machines.

@ 1997-01-18  0:00           ` Jim Dorman
From: Jim Dorman @ 1997-01-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Why spend a lot of time and money looking for a cross-compiler when you can
do it all on a PC?  Stop by and "check-it-out" at http://www.pcada.com.
The Home of PC Ada - including 80x86 Embedded Systems Toolset.

Call me, or drop me a line if you have any questions or need more
information.

Jim Dorman
Active Engineeering Technologies
jimd@pcada.com