From: Robert Eachus <rieachus@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Compiler doesn't respect 'Size for atomic object
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 20:51:54 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2017-12-21T20:51:54-08:00	[thread overview]

On Thursday, December 21, 2017 at 5:02:07 PM UTC-5, Simon Wright wrote:
> Robert Eachus <rieachus@comcast.net> writes:

> It turns out that declaring NVIC_STIR as Unsigned_32 and writing
>
>       NVIC_STIR := 16#ffff_ff00# or Interfaces.Unsigned_32 (IRQ);
>
> doesn't generate an interrupt.

It took me a while to figure out what you were saying.  I really need to find a way to post here that will allow things like boldfacing Ada reserved words.  After I parsed the or as Ada not English, I still have a problem. that I don't know the value passed as IRQ.  I assume it is a valid interrupt number for an unprivileged program.

You should report this to Ada Core as a bug.  I'm just not convinced it is an Ada bug or a compiler front end bug, not a Cortex-M code generator bug.