From: wojtek@power.com.pl (Wojtek Narczynski)
Subject: Re: Question about Adabas
Date: 29 Jan 2003 03:20:31 -0800
Date: 2003-01-29T11:20:31+00:00	[thread overview]

Pascal Obry <p.obry@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message

> Is Adabas developed in Ada ?

Although this may sound a bit funny in this context - I think Adabas
is developed in Pascal ;-). SAPDB is an Open Source (GPL) fork of
Adabas, and it is developed in a mixture of Pascal and C++, although
the SAP team is rewriting it in C++. Pity, Pascal -> Ada could be a
shorter way.

> Is it possible to use Ada with it (a binding) ?

I think there was an Ada interface for Adabas, I'd ask the company if
you are serious about this.

For SAPDB (so most likely also for Adabas) the main API is ODBC, this
means making GNADE work with it should be straightforward. This is, by
the way, my plan for the future.

Regards,
Wojtek