From: anh_vo@udlp.com (Anh_Vo)
Subject: Possible bug / need confirmation
Date: 10 Jun 2002 17:00:36 -0700
Date: 2002-06-11T00:00:36+00:00	[thread overview]

The codes below causes Program_Error, EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION,
under Windows 2K and Constrain_Error, SIGSEGV, under Solaris when
compiled with GNAT-3.14p.
Any one having GNAT 3.15 or later, please check if this problem has
been corrected. In addition, the exact error message are included
also. If confirmed, I will submit a bug report. Thanks in advance for
your help.

Anh Vo

gcc -c phone.adb
+===========================GNAT BUG
DETECTED==============================+
| 3.14p (20010503) (sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1) Constraint_Error SIGSEGV
    |
| Error detected at phone.adb:113:57
    |
| Please submit bug report by email to report@gnat.com.
    |
| Include the entire contents of this bug box in the report.
    |
| Include the exact gcc or gnatmake command that you entered.
    |
| Also include sources listed below in gnatchop format
    |
| (concatenated together with no headers between files).
    |
| (use plain ASCII or MIME attachment).
    |
| See gnatinfo.txt for full info on procedure for submitting bugs.

+==========================================================================+

Please include these source files with error report

phone.adb
sockets.ads
sockets-stream_io.ads

GNAT 3.14p  (20010503) Copyright 1992-2001 Free Software Foundation,
Inc.

Compiling: c:\ada_95\bugs\gnat\3.14\phone.adb (source file time stamp:
2002-06-10 23:30:46)
+===========================GNAT BUG
DETECTED==============================+
| 3.14p  (20010503) (i586-pc-mingw32msv) Program_Error
EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION|
| Error detected at c:\ada_95\bugs\gnat\3.14\phone.adb:113:57
    |
| Please submit bug report by email to report@gnat.com.
    |
| Include the entire contents of this bug box in the report.
    |
| Include the exact gcc or gnatmake command that you entered.
    |
| Also include sources listed below in gnatchop format
    |
| (concatenated together with no headers between files).
    |
| (use plain ASCII or MIME attachment).
    |
| See gnatinfo.txt for full info on procedure for submitting bugs.

+==========================================================================+

Please include these source files with error report

c:\ada_95\bugs\gnat\3.14\phone.adb
c:\ada_95\bugs\gnat\3.14\sockets.ads
c:\ada_95\bugs\gnat\3.14\sockets-stream_io.ads

--                         ADASOCKETS COMPONENTS
--                             S O C K E T S
--                                S p e c
--                        $ReleaseVersion: 0.1.6 $
--                        Copyright (C) 1998-2000
    --
--             �cole Nationale Sup�rieure des T�l�communications
--   AdaSockets is free software; you can  redistribute it and/or
modify   --
--   it  under terms of the GNU  General  Public License as published
by   --
--   the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your
option)   --
--   any later version.   AdaSockets is distributed  in the hope that
it   --
--   will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY  WARRANTY; without even the
implied   --
--   warranty of MERCHANTABILITY   or FITNESS FOR  A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE.   --
--   See the GNU General Public  License  for more details.  You
should   --
--   have received a copy of the  GNU General Public License
distributed   --
--   with AdaSockets; see   file COPYING.  If  not,  write  to  the
Free   --
--   Software  Foundation, 59   Temple Place -   Suite  330,  Boston,
MA   --
--   02111-1307, USA.
--   As a special exception, if  other  files instantiate generics
from   --
--   this unit, or  you link this  unit with other  files to produce
an   --
--   executable,  this  unit does  not  by  itself cause  the
resulting   --
--   executable to be  covered by the  GNU General Public License.
This   --
--   exception does  not  however invalidate any  other reasons  why
the   --
--   executable file might be covered by the GNU Public License.
--   The main repository for this software is located at:
    --
--       http://www.infres.enst.fr/ANC/
--   If you have any question, please send a mail to

with Ada.Streams;
with Interfaces.C;

package Sockets is

   type Socket_FD is tagged private;
   --  A socket

   type Socket_Domain is (AF_INET);
   --  AF_INET: Internet sockets (yes, should be PF_INET, but they
hold the
   --  same value)

   type Socket_Type is (SOCK_STREAM, SOCK_DGRAM);
   --  SOCK_STREAM: Stream mode   (TCP)
   --  SOCK_DGRAM:  Datagram mode (UDP, Multicast)

   procedure Socket
     (Sock   : out Socket_FD;
      Domain : in Socket_Domain := AF_INET;
      Typ    : in Socket_Type   := SOCK_STREAM);
   --  Create a socket of the given mode

   Connection_Refused : exception;

   procedure Connect
     (Socket : in Socket_FD;
      Host   : in String;
      Port   : in Positive);
   --  Connect a socket on a given host/port. Raise Connection_Refused
if
   --  the connection has not been accepted by the other end.

   procedure Bind
     (Socket : in Socket_FD;
      Port   : in Natural;
      Host   : in String := "");
   --  Bind a socket on a given port. Using 0 for the port will tell
the
   --  OS to allocate a non-privileged free port. The port can be
later
   --  retrieved using Get_Sock_Port on the bound socket.
   --  If Host is not the empty string, it is used to designate the
interface
   --  to bind on.

   procedure Listen
     (Socket     : in Socket_FD;
      Queue_Size : in Positive := 5);
   --  Create a socket's listen queue

   type Socket_Level is (SOL_SOCKET, IPPROTO_IP);

   type Socket_Option is (SO_REUSEADDR, IP_MULTICAST_TTL,
                          IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP, IP_DROP_MEMBERSHIP,
                          IP_MULTICAST_LOOP);

   procedure Setsockopt
     (Socket  : in Socket_FD'Class;
      Level   : in Socket_Level := SOL_SOCKET;
      Optname : in Socket_Option;
      Optval  : in Integer);
   --  Set a socket option

   generic
      Level   : Socket_Level;
      Optname : Socket_Option;
      type Opt_Type is private;
   procedure Customized_Setsockopt (Socket : in Socket_FD'Class;
                                    Optval : in Opt_Type);
   --  Low level control on setsockopt

   procedure Accept_Socket (Socket     : in Socket_FD;
                            New_Socket : out Socket_FD);
   --  Accept a connection on a socket

   Connection_Closed : exception;

   procedure Send (Socket : in Socket_FD;
                   Data   : in Ada.Streams.Stream_Element_Array);
   --  Send data on a socket. Raise Connection_Closed if the socket
   --  has been closed.

   function Receive (Socket : Socket_FD;
                     Max    : Ada.Streams.Stream_Element_Count :=
4096)
     return Ada.Streams.Stream_Element_Array;
   --  Receive data from a socket. May raise Connection_Closed

   procedure Receive (Socket : in Socket_FD'Class;
                      Data   : out Ada.Streams.Stream_Element_Array);
   --  Get data from a socket. Raise Connection_Closed if the socket
has
   --  been closed before the end of the array.

   procedure Receive_Some
     (Socket : in Socket_FD'Class;
      Data   : out Ada.Streams.Stream_Element_Array;
      Last   : out Ada.Streams.Stream_Element_Offset);
   --  Get some data from a socket. The index of the last element will
   --  be placed in Last.

   type Shutdown_Type is (Receive, Send, Both);

   procedure Shutdown (Socket : in out Socket_FD;
                       How    : in Shutdown_Type := Both);
   --  Close a previously opened socket

   procedure Socketpair
     (Read_End  : out Socket_FD;
      Write_End : out Socket_FD;
      Domain    : in Socket_Domain := AF_INET;
      Typ       : in Socket_Type   := SOCK_STREAM);
   --  Create a socketpair.

   function Get_FD (Socket : in Socket_FD)
     return Interfaces.C.int;
   --  Get a socket's FD field

   ---------------------------------
   -- String-oriented subprograms --
   ---------------------------------

   procedure Put (Socket : in Socket_FD'Class;
                  Str    : in String);
   --  Send a string on the socket

   procedure New_Line (Socket : in Socket_FD'Class;
                       Count  : in Natural := 1);
   --  Send CR/LF sequences on the socket

   procedure Put_Line (Socket : in Socket_FD'Class;
                       Str    : in String);
   --  Send a string + CR/LF on the socket

   function Get (Socket : Socket_FD'Class) return String;
   --  Get a string from the socket

   function Get_Line (Socket : Socket_FD'Class) return String;
   --  Get a full line from the socket. CR is ignored and LF is
considered
   --  as an end-of-line marker.

private

   type Shutdown_Array is array (Receive .. Send) of Boolean;

   type Socket_FD is tagged record
      FD       : Interfaces.C.int;
      Shutdown : Shutdown_Array;
   end record;

end Sockets;

--                         ADASOCKETS COMPONENTS
--                   S O C K E T S . S T R E A M _ I O
--                                S p e c
--                        $ReleaseVersion: 0.1.0 $
--                        Copyright (C) 1998-2000
    --
[...]

package Sockets.Stream_IO is

   type Socket_Stream_Type is new Ada.Streams.Root_Stream_Type with
private;

   procedure Initialize
     (Stream : in out Socket_Stream_Type;
      FD     : in Socket_FD);
   --  Initialize must be called with an opened socket as parameter
before
   --  being used as a stream.

   procedure Read
     (Stream : in out Socket_Stream_Type;
      Item   : out Ada.Streams.Stream_Element_Array;
      Last   : out Ada.Streams.Stream_Element_Offset);

   procedure Write
     (Stream : in out Socket_Stream_Type;
      Item   : in Ada.Streams.Stream_Element_Array);

private

   type Socket_Stream_Type is new Ada.Streams.Root_Stream_Type with
record
      FD : Socket_FD;
   end record;

end Sockets.Stream_IO;

--                         ADASOCKETS COMPONENTS
--                       S T R E A M _ S E N D E R
--                                B o d y
--                        $ReleaseVersion: 0.1.0 $
--                        Copyright (C) 1998-2000
    --
[...]
-- 25 May 2001 - Anh Vo <anh_vo@udlp.com>
-- Based on Stream_Listener from Samuel Tardieu
    --
-- It allowed two people to communicate if the host name and the ip
    --

with Ada.Command_Line;  use Ada.Command_Line;
with Ada.Exceptions;    use Ada.Exceptions;

procedure Phone is

   --  Usage: stream_sender remotehost remoteport
   --  Example: stream_sender localhost 5000

   use Ada;
   use Text_Io;
   use Command_Line;
   use Characters.Handling;
   use Strings.Unbounded;

   Outgoing_Socket : Socket_FD;
   Stream          : aliased Socket_Stream_Type;
   Line            : String (1 .. 200);
   Last            : Natural;
   Goodbye_Msg     : constant String := "goodbye";
   Goodbye_Ack     : constant String := "byebye";
   Msg_Received : Unbounded_String;

   task Receiver is
      entry Start_Receive (Msg : out Unbounded_String);
   end Receiver;

   task body Receiver is
   begin
      loop
         select
            accept Start_Receive (Msg : out Unbounded_String) do
               Msg := To_Unbounded_String (String'Input
(Stream'Access));
--               Put_Line ("Acknowledged Message received: " &
To_String (Msg));
            end Start_Receive;
         or
            terminate;
         end select;
      end loop;
   end Receiver;

begin   -- Phone body --

   if Argument_Count /= 2 then
      Raise_Exception
        (Constraint_Error'Identity,
         "Usage: " & Command_Name & " remotehost remoteport");
   end if;

   Socket (Outgoing_Socket, AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM);
   Connect (Outgoing_Socket, Argument (1), Positive'Value (Argument
(2)));
   Initialize (Stream, Outgoing_Socket);

   Forever:
   loop

      Put ("Type a message -> ");
      Flush;
      Get_Line (Line, Last);

      select

         String'Output (Stream'Access, Line (Line'First .. Last));

         if To_Lower (Line (Line'First .. Last)) =
                                            To_Lower (Goodbye_Msg) or
else
            To_Lower (Line (Line'First .. Last)) = To_Lower ("Quit")
or else
            To_Lower (Line (Line'First .. Last)) = To_Lower ("Exit")
or else
            To_Lower (Line (Line'First .. Last)) = To_Lower ("Bye")
then
            Put_Line ("Acknowledged Message received: " &
                                              String'Input
(Stream'Access));
         exit Forever;
      end if;

      then abort
         delay 20.0;
         Receiver.Start_Receive (Msg_Received);
         Put_Line ("Last message received: " & To_String
(Msg_Received));
         exit;
      end select;

      select
         delay 20.0;
         Put_Line ("Phone is inactive for 20 seconds. Hand up.");
         String'Output (Stream'Access,
                        "You do not respond for 20 seconds. I give
up!");
         String'Output (Stream'Access, Goodbye_Msg);
         exit;
      then abort
         Receiver.Start_Receive (Msg_Received);
         declare
            Message : constant String := To_String (Msg_Received);
         begin
            Put_Line ("Message received: " & Message);
            if To_Lower (Message) = To_Lower ("Goodbye") or else
               To_Lower (Message) = To_Lower ("Bye") or else
               To_Lower (Message) = To_Lower ("Quit") or else
               To_Lower (Message) = To_Lower ("Exit") then
               String'Output (Stream'Access, Goodbye_Ack);
               return;
            end if;
         end;
      end select;

   end loop Forever;

   begin
      Shutdown (Outgoing_Socket, Both);
   exception
      when Connection_Closed =>
         null;  -- expected if other side dropped out
   end;

exception
   when Error : others =>
      Put_Line ("Communication problem with the reason of: " &
         Exceptions.Exception_Information (Error));
      Put_Line ("Run again.");

end Phone;