* Loadning bitmap as texture in openGL
@ 2001-12-17 20:52 Frank
From: Frank @ 2001-12-17 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!
Regarding GNAT 3-13p-7, RedHat Linux 6.2

Does anyone have a good suggestion how to load a bitmap(possibly xbm format)
from a file and add is as a texture in openGL?
I have tried to use a pixmap as texture parameter, but haven't succeded
(yet).

Frank

* Re: Loadning bitmap as texture in openGL
@ 2001-12-18  9:27 Gautier Write-only-address
From: Gautier Write-only-address @ 2001-12-18  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

>Does anyone have a good suggestion how to load a bitmap(possibly xbm
>format)
>from a file and add is as a texture in openGL?
>I have tried to use a pixmap as texture parameter, but haven't succeded
>(yet).

You may want to adapt methods from the source there
  http://romka.demonews.com/opengl/demos/glut_eng.htm
(and around). It seems portable...

* Re: Loadning bitmap as texture in openGL
@ 2002-01-08 15:18 ` Joachim Schröer
From: Joachim Schröer @ 2002-01-08 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Frank wrote:

> Hi!
> Regarding GNAT 3-13p-7, RedHat Linux 6.2
>
> Does anyone have a good suggestion how to load a bitmap(possibly xbm format)
> from a file and add is as a texture in openGL?
> I have tried to use a pixmap as texture parameter, but haven't succeded
> (yet).
>
> Frank

Look at the OpenGL framework in http://www.adapower.com/schroer/
To download the first zip give:
http://www.adapower.com/schroer/lib-src.zip (the current url is false).
Look into http://www.adapower.com/schroer/ogl-src.zip.
The package Opengl.Bitmaps is Win32 specific but may be ported to Linux.
The package Opengl.Earth uses a bitmap of the earth to generate a
rotating globe using 2D-textures.

Best regards
	J. Schr�er